"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." -Richard Dawkins

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Leaving the Magazine

Some of you might have noticed that all of the sudden one day, I no longer had this badge on my left hand gadget bar, and I was no longer boasting that I was writing three columns for this magazine. It's about the longest and craziest story I could ever hope to regale a body with, (you know the phrase "you can't make this stuff up"? Well you can't. I promise.) For right now I can let you garner the superficial issues from the blogs of two of my coworkers- an apology from Sandra, and a few rules of thumb from Christina- but the rest of the story- the rest of the dark and twisty story- is going to have to wait.

The purposes of me writing this blog post, other than to confirm that I am, in fact, no longer a contractor for Kids Fun Plaza magazine, is to explain why, in the following weeks, you'll see an awful lot of re-posts of things I have written, both for the Kids Fun Plaza blog, and for the magazine. As a contractor who never signed any agreements at all whatsoever with the magazine's publisher, I still have the legal right to use the content anywhere I choose, as it is still technically mine (I was paid by the magazine for the right to use it, not to own it.) I happen to choose to use it here.

I'm proud of my writing, and hope that my readers will enjoy getting to see it here, on my own turf. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment