"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." -Richard Dawkins

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fiddleheads

I stopped to our local Hannaford today to grab a ton of produce because our pantry and fridge was looking woefully dairy/starch/meat heavy. I grabbed one thing on a whim that I'd been planning to try for some time now. Fiddleheads! The other day SouleMama mentioned on Twitter that her daughter had asked to have fiddleheads tossed with pasta for dinner, so I decided to do just that.




Oh. My. Word. Sauteed until gorgeous in shallots and brown butter with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, then tossed with some whole wheat rotini, these things are akin to crack. I have not tasted anything this good in a long, long time. 

I ate this steaming-warm bowl of goodness sitting by the open window listening to (and smelling) the rain fall. I love May.

No comments:

Post a Comment