"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." -Richard Dawkins

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Introducing the 365 Craft-A-Day Challenge

Before the family came yesterday, I found myself standing in my office in utter dismay, surrounded by more craft and sewing supplies than I really care to admit to having, wondering how I could make them look neat and tidy for company coming.

The sad truth was- I couldn't. I can't. There's just too much and I have nowhere to put any of it. How did I wind up with so much stuff for making and yet hadn't MADE anything with it? I have a few legitimate reasons- my stuff was in storage for 2 years, I worked at JoAnn's where I just acquired acquired acquired things- things I still have eleven years later. 

I definitely knew it was time to do something, so I'm issuing myself a challenge. 365 Craft-A-Day.

Starting tonight, I will be making one craft a day (probably in the evenings after Ro goes to bed, unless it's a project I can do with her,) and posting it the next day. I will try and remember do take photos step-by-step, and hopefully really get back into a creative groove, and clean up some of this much-needed space in my office.

So stay tuned, dear reader, 'cause whether it's pages in my scrapbook, jewelry, doll clothes, pot holders, or anything else I can scrape out of my huge collection of supplies, I'll be posting it here, and I'll be glad to have you along for the journey.  =)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness you worked at a craft store? Drool! I want to come over and play crafts :) Seriously wish I had a craft space for my things. So many items I want to do, not enough space or time.

    ReplyDelete