"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." -Richard Dawkins

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Irene over at The Crafting Hobbit awarded me this! I've never had a blog award before, so it's a bit of a novel experience. Here's what she had to say:

"When I think about versatile bloggers one person comes to mind, Ali over at The Craning Gap. She is one of the most versatile people I know. An amazing, wife, mother, friend, baker, seamstress, writer, artist, photographer... the list goes on. I'm more then happy to pass it on to her and her versatile blog."

THANK YOU, Irene! I'm totally honored by your kind words! (We've been friends for seven years now, and you call it like you see it, so I have no choice but to believe you!)

This award comes with a few rules:
1. You have to Thank the person who awarded you and link them back in your post.
2. Tell everyone 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on.
4. Contact each blogger and let them know you’ve passed the award on to them, and let the “giver” know you accept the award.


My seven random things:

1) My celebrity crushes are Keith Olbermann, Ira Glass and Anthony Bourdain. (When I was little, my celebrity crush was Jonathan Frakes. Yes. It's the truth.)


2) I can't bake cookies. I need to make my husband bake all the cookies because I can't ever ever ever get them right. I'll make anything else, but not ever the cookies. ...Or the pancakes.


3) I've been planning on going on the "Paleo" diet for a while now (a basic hunter/gatherer diet.) It's the only thing that makes sense and I always knew it made sense, long before it was "popular"! But I just... I love baked goods so much. So much. Also gelato.


4) I have wanted a pair of these shoes since I first saw them.


5) My favorite wine is Barefoot Moscato. My favorite local wine is Bully Hill's Felicity. My favorite beer is Dogfish Head Brewery's Midas Touch. My favorite local beer is a toss-up between Ommegang Brewery's Witte and Rare Vos. Which means sly fox. What a great name.


6) I have left the country twice. First, to travel to the Netherlands, (GO AMSTERDAM!) Germany and Switzerland on an ill-fated mission trip, and then to the other side of Niagara Falls. Canada? Does not compare to Europe. Sorry, guys.


7) I have a condition ("condition" - it's more of an anomaly of the brain) called Sensory Defensiveness, which is a side effect of my Synaesthesia. It causes me to become violent and/or nauseous at the sensation of hot and dry fabric on my hands (which makes folding laundry a challenge), the sound of cardboard box flaps rubbing on themselves, and the sound of bare feet on carpet, among other small things.

Heightened by this is my Trypophobia, which is the fear of clustered holes, or sockets. Not all things that fall into this category bother me- such as lotus pods or honeycombs- and I don't fear them, they just make me feel sick. Specifically barnacles and pollarded trees.


  • Stay tuned to find out who I pass the award on to!

1 comment:

  1. I am on a paleo/primal diet. I am not 110% hardcore into it, but being primal allows room for some carbs. I love to bake and thought that i'd miss that and pasta and chips, but as it turns out I don't miss the carbs all that much. I stopped craving them after a while. So an occasional piece of bread or cookie is no big deal. If you are interested, i recommend mark sisson books for primal

    ReplyDelete