"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." -Richard Dawkins

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Reading: Update

Just finished my annual readthrough of The Handmaid's Tale. It was harder on me this time around than any time reading it beforehand- in the book, it is divulged that the main character loses her daughter, who is four or five years old at the time they are separated. Ro being that age now, it was impossible to make it through those chapters and not feel the main character's sorrow. Other than that, it was as good for me this time as it it is every time. I'm a sucker for one hell of a dystopia. This one just happens to be my favorite!

  • February 8th, The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood. 
  • January 26th, Plot, Ansen Dibell.
  • January 24th, The Knot's Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions, Carley Roney.
  • January 22nd, Of Bees and Mist, Erick Setaiwan.
  • January 19th, Eat Pray Love, Elizabeth Gilbert (read twice, back to back.)
Now Starting: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, by Susanna Clarke.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment