"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." -Richard Dawkins

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reading: Update

I finished Of Bees and Mist. In three days. It was one of those books where I HAD to know what was happening, so I just didn't put it down. Read 160 pages of it the first time I picked it up. It reminded me of what would have happened if VC Andrews had been the one to write Harry Potter. Weird, but it worked, somehow. I appreciated the wildly unexpected metaphorical imagery in his writing, but absolutely especially in his descriptions of food. So interesting- some things I want so much to try, such as his suggestion of a such thing as strawberry sandwiches. Yum. It left me with a lot of unanswered questions, and a lot of tenderness with regard to my marriage and my daughter. It managed to give me more to think about than any fantasy I'd yet read.

  • January 22nd, Of Bees and Mist, Erick Setaiwan.
  • January 19th, Eat Pray Love, Elizabeth Gilbert (read twice, back to back.)
Now starting: The Knot's Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions, by Carley Roney.

No comments:

Post a Comment