"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." -Richard Dawkins

Monday, November 22, 2010

Week of Great(ful)ness Day 2

It's Thanksgiving week, so all week long I'll be giving thanks for things I'm grateful for. 
Here's today's!
This guy! My husband, Zack. We have been through some immensely stupid straight-up crap in the past two years, you name it, and it happened to us- anything that can go wrong in a marriage, it went there. Anyway, point is, we're still here, still together, still in love and still awesome. 
I love us because no matter what it is, we always work through our problems. We don't much fight- he lets me yell if I need to, but we don't really get into nasty rows or anything. We just talk it out and move along. We parent well together and get excited about the things we plan to teach Ro. And we laugh. Holy cow, we laugh about everything. The other night we were talking about some off-brand cake mix that he wanted to use up from the pantry and he said, "It's not Duncan Hines, it's like... Buncan Vines. Or Smetty Vocker. Or Bartha Flewart." I laughed until I was crying. He's the best for that.
We really are best friends, it's ridiculous. And we've had huge impacts on one another in the best of ways. Offhand, he changed how I perceived one of my hobbies, and I changed how he perceived food. We're growing up and figuring stuff out together, which is crazy important because we got engaged and had a daughter and got married all within a year of knowing each other. It went very fast for us, so knowing that we can still rock through our hard times, and times of change and growing, that's awesome. He's awesome.
I love you, Bear. I'm thankful you're still around- here's hoping we stay that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment